domenica 3 giugno 2007

Tortino di Pomodorini


This is a savoury tart made with tofu and cherry tomatoes, delicious and very easy to make.
I wanted to go for a walk with my boyfriend and baby this afternoon but the weather wasn't too good so we stayed home and I made this nice Tortino.
Ingredients:
Pastry... ehm... I bought it this time but I promise to post the recipe next time!
30 Cherry Tomatoes
1 package of Tofu

Breadcrumbs
1 clove of garlic

Parsley
pinch of salt
Put all ingrediedients (except the pastry and the cherry tomatoes) in a food processor and blend. This is like a white pesto, taste it and add more salt if necessary. Spread the pesto on top of the pastry evenly, it shouldn't be more than 1/2 inch thick. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and take out the water and the seeds with your fingers, this will make them more tasteful and less watery. Place the halves on the pesto like in the picture. Fold the edges and bake for 1/2 hour until golden. Enjoy....

4 commenti:

Amey ha detto...

Che bella!
I love your blog! It's nice to see some tasty Italian dishes being made vegan-style. I think I might try this tomato torte, it looks so amazing. How big is your package of tofu?

:)

Jenni Shortt ha detto...

thank you for the visit, I must keep the english one up to date with the italian one, I don't want to let you down! :)
the package of tofu is: 9 oz or 250 grams.
If it is more it will only be thicker, but just as nice. I don't like being to precise, I love to experiment and change depending on my mood :)

eatme_delicious ha detto...

this sounds and looks very intriguing! i'm bookmarking it to make later. :)

Amy ha detto...

Good post

Related Posts with Thumbnails